Cashew Cream Chicken with Sweet Potato and BroccoliCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
6 chicken thighs or breasts, bone-less/skinless
2 c sweet potato, cut into 1/4” pieces
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 recipe Mock Sour Cream and Chive Dip
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tbs italian seasoning
1 c finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 head broccoli
olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt to dress broccoli to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken and sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add oil, lemon juice and italian seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Place chicken pieces in the centre of a large baking dish, surrounded by sweet potatoes.
- Mix Mock Sour Cream and Chive Dip with parsley and spread across top of chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, put a little water in a steamer, bring to a boil and add broccoli. Steam lightly until slightly crunchy.
- Dress the broccoli with olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
- Adapted from: Julie Daniluk “Meals that Heal”