Sautéed Polenta with Butter BeansCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 16-ounce tube prepared plain polenta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked, plus more for garnish (see Note)
1 15-ounce can butter beans, rinsed
4 cups packed baby spinach
3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add polenta and cook in a single layer, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium; add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Stir in beans, spinach and broth; cook, stirring, until the beans are heated through and the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and vinegar. Serve vegetables over polenta. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.