Sweet Potato SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
3 large sweet potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tbsp
salt & pepper to taste
3 green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Peel and cube your sweet potatoes, making sure they are about the same size, so they cook evenly. ½-1 inch cubes will do it. Drizzle the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and toss them with your hands to make sure they are well coated. Spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet, so they brown and crisp.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, checking and giving them a stir halfway through. If you use a stone pan (like from Pampered Chef) there is no need to turn halfway. The final cooking time will depend greatly on the size of your cubes and the efficiency of your oven. The edges should be golden brown, with a crispy edge and a soft interior.
- Take them out of the oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine sweet potatoes, cranberries, seeds and green onions.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour dressing over potato salad and toss well.