Tempeh Wraps with Miso DressingCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
1 package tempeh, sliced into 8 logs
Oil for pan (i.e. grapeseed oil)
A few pinches of chipotle powder
Pinch of black pepper
1 bunch kale
½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
4 whole grain tortilla wraps
- Miso Dressing Ingredients
3 tbsp. white miso paste (or regular miso)
3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1-2 tbsp. healthy oil (i.e. extra virgin olive oil)
1 tsp. tahini (optional)
- Combine Miso Dressing ingredients – briskly stir until smooth. Reserve 2-3 tbsp. of dressing for tempeh, and 2-3 tbsp. for kale.
- Heat oil in pan on medium-high heat. Dip one side of tempeh logs in miso dressing and place dipped side down on heated pan. Sprinkle each log with chipotle powder and black pepper. Allow logs to cook 1-2 minutes per side – careful not to overly blacken the tempeh. Remove from pan, transfer to plate to cool.
- Remove kale leaves from thick stems and chop into small pieces. Wash kale well and dry. Transfer kale to large bowl and toss with 2-3 tbsp. of dressing and sliced onions.
- Assemble wraps with ½ cup of kale salad, 2-3 slices of avocado, 1-3 slices of tomato, and 2 tempeh logs.