Turkey ChiliCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
1/4 c veg or chicken broth
1/2 lb ground turkey
1/2 c diced onion
14 oz can diced tomato
1 c diced carrot
1.4 c diced zucchini
3/4 c red pepper
1 scoop chia seeds
19 oz can adzuki beans
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/8 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat broth in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add ground turkey and cook until slightly brown.
- Stir in onion and cook until tender, approximately 3 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes, carrot and zucchini. Add beans.
- Season with chill powder, other spices and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add red pepper a few minutes before serving to add a fresh element to the dish.
- Adapted from: Julie Daniluk “Meals That Heal”