Warm Turkey Cabbage SaladCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
4 oz cooked ground or chopped turkey
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup broccoli florets
½ cup slice raw sweet and red pepper
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp ground sage
½ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp paprika
1 cup shredded cabbage
½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp tomato paste
¼ tsp dried tarragon
¼ tsp dried parsley
¼ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp dried dill weed
- Combine ½ the oil and vinegar, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers strings, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, tomato paste, water and other spices in a non-stick pan.
- Cook until vegetables are tender. Add turkey, cover and simmer for 5 minutes until mixture is hot, stirring occasionally to blend flavours.
- Combine ½ the oil and vinegar in a bowl and whisk until blended. Add cabbage and toss to coat completely. Arrange shredded cabbage on a large plate.
- Top with turkey and vegetables. Season to taste.
- Change things up by using whole cabbage leaves as wraps instead of a bed of shredded cabbage. Wash and trim the leaves, then microwave on high briefly to soften them for folding.