Adzuki Bean and Sweet Potato HashCourse: Breakfast, BrunchDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
half a medium onion, diced
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced small
1 tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. dried cumin
1 cups cooked adzuki beans
2 to 3 collard greens (or kale), finely chopped
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions and a pinch of sea salt. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add sweet potato, thyme, and cumin. Sauté for a few minutes uncovered then cover your pan and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is tender. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Add adzuki beans and collard greens. Sauté a few minutes more, or until collards are tender.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Makes 2 servings.
- Adapted from: http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2010/01/adzuki-bean-yam-hash.html