Life-Changing BreadCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Medium
1 cup sunflower seed kernels
1/2 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup hazelnuts or almonds
1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds
4 tablespoons psyllium seed husks
1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or ghee
1 1/2 cups water
- In a standard loaf pan, combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
- Whisk maple syrup, oil, and water together in a measuring cup. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable).
- Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Let sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours, or all day or overnight.
- To ensure the dough is ready, it should retain its shape even when you pull the sides of the loaf pan away from it or lift the parchment.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and bake in loaf pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the loaf pan, place upside down directly on oven rack and continue to bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Store in tightly sealed container for up to 5 days or freeze.