Pumpkin Spice GranolaCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
3 cups gluten free rolled oats
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup raw almonds
1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
3 tbs coconut sugar
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or make your own using 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ground ginger, 1/8 tsp. allspice, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix the oats, nuts, seeds, spices, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree and whisk. Pour over the dry ingredients and quickly mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Once the granola is golden brown, remove from oven and let cool completely. It will crisp up as it cools. Add 1 cup of dried cranberries if desired.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Serve over yogurt, berries or oatmeal, with your favorite milk as a cereal or as a snack.