Barbecued Thai Veggie SkewersCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
1 c coconut milk
1 lemon grass, chopped finely
3 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbs coconut aminos
¼ cup tamari
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
½ red pepper, sliced in fourths
½ zucchini sliced
½ red onion sliced in pieces
4 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- The Marinade
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender or just mix it by hand in a bowl until everything is mixed and smooth. Set aside.
- The Skewers
- Skewer the vegetables in any order desired.
- Brush the vegetable skewers with the marinade.
- Save the remaining marinade and heat it to use it as a sauce to the skewers later.
- Put the skewers in the fridge for about 30 minutes to soak the marinade.
- Cook on a preheated grill (225C/437F) until the vegetables are tender and have some colour.
- Brush the veggies a couple of times during the cooking .
- Heat the sauce.
- Serve the skewers on quinoa or rice, with the sauce and a green salad.
- Adapted from: endoyoga.com