Carrot Soup with Orange and GingerCourse: SoupsDifficulty: Easy
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 leeks, including tender green parts, thinly sliced
6 carrots (about 1 lb.), peeled and thinly sliced
1 small sweet potato, peeled and coarsely diced
1 1/2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
5 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add the leeks and sauté until just slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potato, and ginger and sauté until the vegetables are just softened, about 5 minutes longer.
- Add the stock, cover partially, and simmer until the vegetables are completely softened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches, leaving some texture if desired, and return the soup to the pan. Alternatively, process with a handheld blender in the pan until the desired consistency is reached.
- Return the soup to medium heat and stir in the orange juice and zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and enjoy.
- Adapted from: peakresultsnutrition.ca
Comments are closed.