1 tbsp organic coconut oil
2 small cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup onion, finely minced
5 cups cabbage, chopped
2/3 cup carrot, chopped
1/3 cup celery, chopped
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
1/2 tbs dried or fresh parsley
1 tbsp tomato paste
Dash of celery seed
- In a soup pot, melt coconut oil and sauté the garlic and onion until softened.
- Add in cabbage and carrot.
- Cook on medium heat until cabbage and carrot are softened, about 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Add celery then continue to fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, spices and tomato paste.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer for about 1/2 an hour.
Comments are closed.