Butternut Squash and Black Bean BurritosCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
1 medium size butternut squash, peeled, cubed and roasted
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1 medium sized yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced 1 bell pepper, chopped
1 cup spinach
1 zucchini, diced
2 1/2 cups black beans, soaked or 1 15 ounce can of organic black beans
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 large GF tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine cubed squash with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in an oven proof dish or baking sheet and roast for about 30-45 minutes (or until tender and browned) Toss squash halfway through cooking time. Set aside when done.
- Cook brown rice according to directions.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in a little olive oil over medium heat. After about 5 minutes add the zucchini and spices. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add rice, spinach and butternut squash to the pan. Heat everything through.
- Scoop squash mixture into a warmed up tortilla.
- Adapted from: peakresultsnutrition.ca
Comments are closed.