Chia PuddingCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup chia seeds
1 1/2 cups of water or dairy/non-dairy milk , or yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Measure the chia seeds into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a large measuring cup.
- Pour the liquid ingredients onto the chia seeds, mixing thoroughly to ensure all the seeds are coated with liquid.
- Continue to mix, breaking up any lumps that occur to create a smoother consistency.
- Pour into a storage container or dishes for individual servings.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Optional: add cinnamon, nutmeg to taste
- Substitutions: you can use agave or honey as the sweetener instead of maple syrup for more intense sweetness.