Chicken and Rapini with Feta Cheese on ToastDifficulty: Easy
4 thick slices whole-wheat country bread
1 clove garlic, peeled (optional), plus 1/4 cup chopped garlic
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound chicken tenders, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
1 bunch rapini, stems trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces, or 2 bunches broccolini, chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Grill or toast bread. Lightly rub with peeled garlic clove, if desired. Discard the garlic.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat until shimmering but not smoking.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken and any juices to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan.
- Add chopped garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds.
- Add rapini (or broccolini) and cook, stirring often, until bright green and just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Return the chicken and juices to the pan, add feta cheese and stir to combine. Cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve warm over garlic toasts.