Chicken Curry with Brown Rice
1 lb chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
3 green chilies
1 tbs cumin
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tbs coconut oil
2 onions, diced
4 tomatoes, diced
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powders
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- In a frying pan, heat oil to medium.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, green chilies, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, coriander and turmeric.
- Cover and cook on moderate high heat for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove lid and stir.
- Add onions and leave on stove until rice is cooked.
- Serve over brown rice.
- Use water to thin the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Add 60 ml of coconut milk for a creamier sauce.