Lentil Beet SoupCourse: SoupsDifficulty: Easy
1 cup lentils, rinsed
3 small beetroots and their stems and greens, cubed/chopped
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 bunch of fresh dill, chopped
1 can of chicken or vegetable broth
2 tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a stockpot on medium heat.
- Sauté onions until golden brown, add turmeric and stir.
- Add lentils, beets, broth and 4-5 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 50 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, salt and pepper. Add more water if necessary.
- Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice during the last ten minutes of simmering.