Pan-Fried Salmon with Tomato Couscous and AsparagusCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
½ cup couscous
1 4oz. salmon fillet, skin on
Salt and pepper
Handful of asparagus, trimmed
Extra virgin olive oil
Half a zucchini
1 tomato, diced
Squeeze of fresh lemon
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
1 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- Place couscous in bowl. Pour boiling water until about water is 1 cm above couscous line. Cover with plate or lid. Set aside.
- Heat non-stick pan on medium high heat. Score salmon fillet on skin side. Season both sides of fillet with salt and pepper. Put fillet skin side down on one side of pan. Press salmon down onto pan with hand or spatula for about 10 seconds to help crisp skin.
- Cut asparagus into pieces. Drizzle some olive oil into pan and add asparagus. Stir occasionally. Flip fish.
- Cut zucchini into pieces (similar size as asparagus). Add zucchini to pan with asparagus and fish.
- Remove salmon from pan once cooked through.
- In bowl, add diced tomato. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Add a lemon juice and some chopped cilantro. Fluff couscous, and add to tomato mixture.
- Plate couscous, and top with asparagus, zucchini and salmon. Finish with a spoonful of Greek yogurt.
- Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgNieLXfFco
You Tube: Pan-Fried Salmon with Tomato Couscous Jamie Oliver