Sautéed Shrimp with FennelCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 large fennel bulb, cored and cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 4 cups)
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (21-25 per pound)
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add fennel and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and oregano and cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits, about 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in capers and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with feta.