Wild Rice SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
2 cups wild rice
1 carton (946 mL) of organic low sodium chicken broth
4 stalks celery, sliced
8 green onions, sliced
2 cups frozen peas, thawed
3/4 cup dried fruit such as cranberries or blueberries
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp. organic coconut palm sugar
2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Put the chicken broth in a medium sized saucepan and add the rice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Let cook for about 40 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a large bowl gently mix together the cooled cooked rice, chopped celery, green onions, peas and dried fruit.
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, coconut sugar and sesame oil.
- Pour dressing over the salad and gently mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Adapted from: peakresultsnutrition.ca