Watercress SoupCourse: SoupsDifficulty: Easy
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 onion, chopped
1 medium potato, chopped
nutmeg, to taste
1 clove crushed garlic, optional
3 cups watercress
- In a soup pot sprayed with non-stick spray, gently sweat the chopped onion.
- Add nutmeg, chopped garlic and chopped potato.
- Cook for a couple of minutes. Add the stock and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove any large stems from the watercress and roughly chop. Stir into the soup and allow to wilt.
- Remove from heat to cool the soup slightly. Blend until smooth.
- Return to heat to warm through. Add yogurt or sour cream, as well as salt and pepper, if desired, to garnish.