Black Bean QuesadillaCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
1 can black beans, rinsed
½ cup cheese, shredded
¼ cup prepared salsa
4 whole wheat tortilla
Half red pepper, sliced
Half avocado, mashed
Squeeze of fresh lime
- Preheat grill or frying pan.
- Combine beans, cheese and ¼ cup salsa in a medium bowl.
- Place tortillas on a work surface.
- Spread ½ cup filling on half of each tortilla.
- Arrange red pepper slices on top of filling.
- Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
- Brush grill with oil. Grill each quesadilla until warmed through.
- Serve the quesadillas with avocado, extra salsa and a squeeze of lime.