Broccoli Lentil SoupCourse: SoupsDifficulty: Easy
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
3 cups broccoli, chopped (about 1 large head)
1 large carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
¾ cup dried green lentils
¾ cup leeks, chopped
1 ½ tbsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. dried basil
2 tsp. crushed garlic
½ tsp. sea salt
ground pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and basil and cook for a few more minutes, stirring to coat the vegetables.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the broccoli) and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, covered.
- Cut broccoli into small florets, add to put and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Leave soup as is, or puree with a wand blender.
- Adapted from: Julie Daniluk’s 3 Day Slimming Detox ebook