Coconut Tomato SoupCourse: SoupsDifficulty: Medium
10 large ripe tomatoes (diced)
1 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 c white wine
6 tbs tomato paste
6 c vegetable stock
1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
3 tbs coconut oil
salt & pepper to taste
basil (chooped) for garnish
- Toss diced tomato and 1 onion with 2 tbs melted coconut oil, salt and pepper.
- Put on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- In a large pot, saute leftover onion and garlic until soft, then add wine and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add tomato paste, vegetable stock and oven roasted tomato mixture.
- Boil for 10 minutes then turn on low heat to simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and hand blend until smooth.
- Top with fresh basil.