Raw Chocolate Date Granola BarsCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
2 1/2 cups quick oats
5 Medjool dates, pitted
3 tbsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
3 tbsp ground flax seeds
2 tbsp whole flax seeds
1 tbsp ground chia seeds
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tbsp raw Honey
1 cup raw chocolate chips
- Coat a 9×13 or 11x 13 glass dish with coconut oil.
- Soak dates in enough water to cover them for approx. an hour. They need to be soft enough to form a paste in the food processor.
- Once soaked place dates along with 3 tbsp of date water, vanilla and coconut oil in food processor and blend until a thick paste forms. Add water 1 tbsp at a time as needed and scrape down sides of processor as required.
- Mix all other ingredients except for chocolate chips and honey in a large bowl.
- Once well combined add date paste and mix until all of the oat mixture is moist.
- Add honey and mix to combine, next add chocolate chips.
- Press into glass dish and refrigerate to set. Makes 15 bars.