Baked Salmon with Pesto & Grated Potato, Steamed Asparagus & AlmondsCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
2 pieces of wild caught salmon
3 tbs organic pesto sauce
2 organic potatoes, grated
olive oil to taste
squeeze of lemon juice
1/2 lb of asparagus
1/2 c sliced blanched almonds
sea salt to taste
- Par boil potatoes, cool and grate. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
- Spread 1.5 tbs organic pesto sauce on top of each piece of salmon.
- Evenly pile 1 grated potato on top of the pesto sauce / salmon.
- Bake for approx 20-30 minutes or until the salmon has changed colour and the potato is golden.
- While salmon is baking, add a little water to the bottom of a steamer pot and lightly steam asparagus.
- Dress with olive oil, sea salt, a squeeze of lemon juice and the sliced almonds.
- Enjoy with the salmon.
- Prepare the potatoes the day before and refrigerate. This causes them to form resistant starch, which is low glycemic and prebiotic.