Baked Sweet Potato Falafel with Cilantro YogurtCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled cut in pieces
1 tsp. cumin
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp. sea salt
Juice from one lemon
1 cup chickpea flour
Salt and pepper
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. cumin
- To make the sauce: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Let set in the fridge for at least a half an hour after mixing (this will help the flavors meld together).
- For the patties: Place sweet potatoes pieces in a steamer basket and transfer basket to a pot. Fill the pot with about an inch of water and cover with a lid. Let steam for 10-15 minutes (depending on how big you diced the potatoes). Remove the steamer and let cool slightly
- Mash the sweet potatoes with the cumin, garlic, lemon, chickpea flour, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until the batter has firmed up (this will help form the patties better).
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet. Using floured hands, shape the batter into 2 inch circle patties that are about a 1/2 inch thick. Repeat with the rest of the batter and place all patties on the greased cooking sheet.
- Brush the tops with olive oil and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the tops begin to brown.
Comments are closed.